Women’s and Children’s Services at Sparrow Hospital strive to provide the highest quality, family-centered care that is recognized both within our region and nationally. We are committed to serving all members of our community and being a regional referral hospital for those who need the specialized care we provide.
The birth of a baby is one of the biggest moments of your life. We feel privileged to share this time with you and we are committed to helping your baby arrive safely. Your care team will listen to your hopes and concerns, answer your questions, and help you before, during, and after the birth of your baby. We will partner with you to develop a birth plan that meets your preferences and needs, whether it includes an epidural, natural birth, a cesarean delivery, or a vaginal birth after cesarean.
We understand that deliveries may not always go as planned. You can feel secure knowing that you and your family are surrounded by expert medical specialists committed to the health and wellbeing of you and your baby.
Features of Our Units:
Labor and Delivery
- All private labor, delivery, and recovery (LDR) rooms
- Showers, birthing balls, and other tools to manage comfort during labor
- A dedicated anesthesia service that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A nurse dedicated to care just for you and your family during labor, delivery, and recovery
- All private rooms
- You, your baby, and your support person room-in together
- Nurses have special training to assist with breastfeeding and baby care
- Lactation consultants who are available if problems arise with breastfeeding
Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Special Care Nursery
- Two levels of care for babies who are not able to stay at mom’s bedside, including care for the highest-risk babies
- Expert, family-centered care to support healing for premature or sick babies